Gap Protection – It’s a Good Idea
If you finance most of your new vehicle loan or the entire amount, you should seriously consider purchasing Guaranteed Asset Protection (GAP) Insurance from United. At $300 (a one-time-only fee), United’s is the best price in the area.
Because new cars depreciate dramatically as soon as they leave the car lot, you may find yourself owing more on the car then its book value in the early stages of paying down your loan.
If an accident occurs soon after you buy it and your new car is completely totaled, you will still be responsible for the loan. Your regular insurance will pay you the retail value at the time of the accident, but that might not be enough to cover your loan. GAP Insurance covers that difference between the retail value and what your insurance company covers, which allows you to purchase another new vehicle to replace the new one that was totaled.
Not only is United’s GAP Insurance a real bargain, there is an added benefit in how it is applied. If your car is totaled and there is no “gap” for the GAP Insurance to pay, you will receive $1,000 toward your next car, as long as you are financing your next new car with us. So you win either way!
Don’t be fooled by what the auto dealers offer you for GAP Insurance. Our product offers you the same coverage but at a much lower cost!
Auto Deductible Reimbursement
Pays up to $500 Per Loss (limit of two losses per year) when claim is filed and paid with primary insurance carrier.
Loss means an event for which the auto insurance company has approved & paid a claim which exceeds the Covered Auto Deductible for a collision or comprehensive claim.
Coverage is effective upon date of enrollment and will continue for the period specified in your plan.
If You suffer a Loss during the Coverage Period which is covered by Your Auto Policy, You may be entitled to reimbursement of the Covered Auto Deductible. Reimbursement will be equal to the Covered Auto Deductible on the Auto Policy, up to $500 per Loss. Coverage is effective upon date of enrollment and will continue for the period specified in your plan.
THE AUTO DEDUCTIBLE REIMBURSEMENT DOES NOT COVER:
- If the claim under the Auto Policy has been denied.
- If the auto insurance company has waived the Covered Auto Deductible.
- If the claim on the Auto Policy does not exceed the Covered Auto Deductible.
- If the vehicle is used for commercial purposes or hire.
- If the vehicle is a commercial vehicle as defined by the manufacturer.
- Resulting from any kind of dishonest, fraudulent or criminal act, or illegal activity by you.
This summary is a brief overview of the program and is not to be considered a full disclosure of policy terms.
Please refer to the Terms and Conditions for complete forms, conditions, limitations, definitions, and
How to file a claim:
Call the Claims Administrator at 1-800-711-4280 to request a claim form. You must report the claim
within ninety (90) days of the Loss or as soon as reasonably possible. The following required items, must be sent to the Administrator at AssurancePlus, c/o cynoSure Financial, Inc., P.O. Box 7690, St. Clair Shores, MI 48080 and be postmarked within one- hundred eighty (180) days of Loss or as soon as reasonably possible:A fully completed claim form.
- A copy of the Auto Policy, showing the vehicle is insured.
- A copy of the Auto Policy claim from the auto insurance company showing payment for the Loss, with the amount paid and the Covered Auto Deductible of the Auto Policy.
- Any other documents that the Administrator may reasonably request to validate a claim.